- ½ cup chopped California walnuts
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
Melt butter on medium heat. Add all ingredients to butter and set aside.
- ½ cup butter in small cubes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour mixed with 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry or spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cup chopped rhubarb or any other fruit
- 1 cup plain low fat yoghourt
Grease a 8” X 14” pan
Mix dry ingredients together. Add butter and mix in with your hands pressing the butter into the flour. Mix arrowroot flour with water. Add to flour mixture with the yoghourt and fruits. Mix well.
Scoop cake mixture into your greased pan and flatten. Sprinkle topping evenly on top of cake. Bake 350’F 35 to 40 min until top is brown.